This week, Stand for Israel has told you about the raging anti-Semitism being carried out in France. But because of anti-Semitism, French news has been unable to report on the same. The Jerusalem Post tells us that a broadcast about the anti-Jewish hate crimes was stopped because of a "number of vile and illegal comments":
A French TV channel said on Wednesday it had been forced to cut short a live Facebook broadcast from a desecrated Jewish cemetery in eastern France because of an onslaught of antisemitic commentary.
France 3 said it went live from the cemetery in the village of Quatzenheim on Tuesday as President Emmanuel Macron was visiting to pay his respects after more than 90 graves were vandalized with swastikas and antisemitic abuse.
"We are talking about explicit death threats, comments that were openly antisemitic and racist, including 'Heil Hitler,' 'dirty Jew' or 'dirty Jews,' comments that were addressed at Emmanuel Macron and representatives of the Jewish community," the channel said in a statement explaining its decision.
"Within minutes, the number of vile and illegal comments had gone well beyond our capacity to moderate them," it explained, adding that it would have taken 10 or 20 staff to handle the onslaught. "We refuse to traffic in hatred."
The attack on the cemetery is the latest in a series of incidents across France in recent weeks that have alarmed the Jewish community and prompted calls for harder hitting legislation against those responsible...