Last month, Stand for Israel told you about the two IDF soldiers who were shot and killed in the West Bank in a horrific terror attack that left two others wounded. The people of Israel are still grieving for the deaths of Yosef Cohen and Yoval Mor Yosef. But now they can rest a little more easily, The Jerusalem Post’s Anna Ahronheim reports, as Israeli security forces have finally found and captured the terrorist responsible for their deaths:
Asam Barghouti was arrested in a joint operation by the IDF, Israel Police and the Shin Bet in the West Bank village of Abu Shukheidim, north of Ramallah, at the home of one of his associates, the Shin Bet internal security agency said in a statement…
According to the Shin Bet, he had been planning additional attacks against Israeli targets and was found with a Kalachnikov rifle, large amounts of ammunition and night vision equipment.
Barghouti is believed to have killed St.-Sgt. Yuval Mor Yosef and St. Yosef Cohen in the attack at the Givat Assaf Junction on December 13. Two more Israelis were wounded, a female resident of Beit El and another IDF soldier, Netanel Felber, who remains in critical condition.
He carried out the attack just days after he and his brother Salah Barghouti shot seven Israelis in a drive-by-shooting attack in the settlement of Ofra, just north of Givat Assaf. One newborn child, who was delivered prematurely as a result of the attack, died three days later….
“The arrest by the Israel Security Agency and soldiers from the Yamam Brigade was the culmination of an intelligence and operational effort that began immediately after the attack, during which the Shin Bet and the IDF used intelligence, operational and technological capabilities to locate the terrorist,” the Shin Bet said…Tags: IDF Terrorism Video