Incendiary balloons launched from across the border in Gaza caused at least 11 fires in southern Israel this week. At least one fire spread across 12 acres of agricultural fields.
- Also this week, a Gaza-based terror group attempted to shoot down an Israel Defense Forces (IDF) helicopter with an air-to-air missile. The attack was fended off when an Israeli Air Force jet arrived on the scene.
- Police in Chicago are searching for a suspect in an attempted arson attack against a synagogue. Surveillance videos caught the attacker throwing Molotov cocktails at the synagogue.
- Photos of Holocaust survivors exhibited on a central street in Vienna, Austria, were defaced with swastikas, drawing condemnation from political and Jewish leaders.
- A Christian news station located in Jerusalem was firebombed last weekend. The founder and president of Daystar Television News said that despite the attack, the station would “continue reaching across Israel.”
- Republican Congressmen are pushing for an anti-Semitism bill that would allow state governments to refuse to do business with companies boycotting Israel.
- A Tel Aviv-based robotics company was chosen to aid the New Zealand Defense Force in developing remotely controlled tactical and intelligence robots.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features the Fellowship’s Ami Farkas on the anniversary of the U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem.Tags: Israel in the News