Jewish worshipers celebrating Passover at a synagogue near San Diego were targeted in an anti-Semitic terrorist attack last weekend, leaving one dead and three wounded, including the congregation’s rabbi and an eight-year-old girl.
- The Fellowship responded to the attack on the Poway synagogue, saying that “anti-Semitism has once again infiltrated our institutions.”
- A new report shows that anti-Semitic attacks doubled in the U.S. last year.
- Terrorists in Gaza launched widespread attacks on Israel this week, sending incendiary devices into southern Israel that started raging fires and retaliating against the IDF’s response by launching rockets into Israeli territory.
- Israeli Ambassador Danny Danon read from the Bible during a meeting at the United Nations.
- Israel’s 21st Knesset (parliament) was sworn in this week, and Benjamin Netanyahu was inaugurated for a fifth term as the Jewish state’s Prime Minister.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features the Fellowship’s President Yael Eckstein.Tags: Israel in the News