The Times of Israel reported that 19 brushfires broke out in southern Israel on Wednesday after incendiary balloons were launched over the border from Gaza. This was part of ongoing attacks that have caused scores of fires in recent days.
- White House Senior Advisor Jared Kushner presented the Trump Administration’s U.S Middle East peace plan earlier this week at an international peace summit in Bahrain, calling it “the opportunity of the century.”
- Meanwhile, Palestinians arranged protests against Israel in retaliation for the proposed U.S. plan.
- Despite protests from Palestinians over the peace summit, the nation of Bahrain acknowledged Israel’s right to exist.
- Following the downing of a U.S. drone last week by Iranian forces, the Trump Administration imposed financial sanctions against Iran’s supreme leader. Iranian officials said the move spelled “permanent closure” of diplomacy between the two nations.
- Israel’s Shin Bet Security Service said on Thursday that it successfully arrested an Iranian-backed spy who was attempting to set up an intelligence-gathering operation in the West Bank.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features Fellowship President Yael Eckstein on celebrating Israel’s greatest ally.Tags: Israel in the News