Israel Shoots Down Drone from Gaza Strip
Stand for Israel | October 17, 2019
Earlier this week, the IDF reportedly shot down a drone along Israel’s border with the Gaza Strip. An IDF spokesman said the drone was downed near a border fence, but there was no word whether it had entered Israeli airspace.
- Meanwhile, the IDF on Thursday arrested ten people in the Palestinian town of Beit Awwa for suspected terrorist activities. The IDF found submachine guns and other illegal weapons during a search of the suspects’ homes.
- Members of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee heard testimony Wednesday from a State Department expert on Iran on what that country might do to exploit Turkey’s push into northern Syria.
- U.S. Vice President Mike Pence met with Turkey’s President Erdogan to press him to halt the offensive against the Kurds in northern Syria.
- Following an attack last week at a synagogue in the eastern German city of Halle, more than 10,000 people marched in Berlin to protest anti-Semitism.
- Israeli gymnast Artem Dolgopyat earned a spot on Israel’s 2020 Olympic team after winning the silver medal in floor exercise at the recent World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features The Fellowship’s Ami Farkas on celebrating the Torah.