Iran Backs Out of Nuke Talks with US
Stand for Israel | October 3, 2019
At the United Nations General Assembly last week, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani first agreed to a meeting with Donald Trump, but backed out at the last minute after insisting that the U.S. first lift all sanctions against the Islamic Republic.
- Following what has been identified as an Iranian attack on Saudi oil facilities last month, the U.S. is deploying troops to Saudi Arabia.
- Iran has released a British oil tanker it seized earlier this year.
- Recent airstrikes on Iranian-backed militias in Iraq has resulted in calls for retaliation against Israel.
- Benjamin Netanyahu continues his push to form Israel’s next coalition government after recent elections.
- This past week, Israel and Jewish people around the world celebrated Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features Fellowship President and CEO Yael Eckstein.