3 IDF Soldiers Wounded in Hamas Attack
Stand for Israel | August 1, 2019
Three Israeli soldiers were wounded Thursday when a Palestinian who had crossed the Gaza border into Israel opened fire. The gunman, who was wearing a Hamas uniform and was armed with rifles and grenades, was shot and killed.
- Meanwhile, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) arrested some 15 suspects Monday after a terrorist attack was foiled at Joseph’s Tomb in the West Bank.
- In the U.S., two anti-Semitic attacks occurred earlier this week at two synagogues in Miami. In the first incident, an older man was shot and wounded outside one synagogue, and another synagogue received a package in the mail containing anti-Semitic threats.
- The U.S. and Israel successfully completed a series of tests for a new long-range missile defense system.
- As tensions remain high with Iran over the seizure of vessels in the Persian Gulf, the U.S. has vowed to provide additional security for oil transport and is urging its allies to do the same.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu joined Fellowship President Yael Eckstein on Monday to welcome 121 new immigrants from Ukraine to Israel. The Freedom Flight was sponsored by IFCJ with donations from Christians and Jews.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features Fellowship President Yael Eckstein on building upon the legacy of her father, Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein.