For more delicious Passover recipes, click here to receive a complimentary download of “A Taste of Passover” recipe book.
- 2 whole chicken legs and thighs, skinned and separated
- 4 medium onions peeled and left whole
- 2 stalks of celebry cut in half or in thirds
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut in half or thirds
- 3 medioum turnips peeled and cut into quarters
- 2-3 parsnips, peeled and cut in half or thirds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dill and parsley (optional)
- Chicken soup powder to taste (optional)
- Place the chicken at the bottom of a large pot (at least 6 quarts) and add the vegetables on top except for the dill and parsley (if using).
- Add enough water to float the contents but not cover them completely
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer
- Skim any foam, residue, or fat that rises to the surface using a large spoon or skimmer and discard. Simmer on low heat for two hours, then add spices, chicken soup powder, dill, parsley, and simmer for a half-hour more.