Pre-heat oven to 250F.
Mix the ingredients (except the cooking spray) in a large bowl. Let the mixture rest for a few minutes.
Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and pre-heat to medium.
Add a heaping spoonful, about 1/4 cup of the mixture on to the pan. I used a large crepe pan, so I got 3 latkes in each cooking batch.
Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown and lifts up easy from the pan.
Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
Drain on a paper towel.
Keep the latkes warm in the oven at 250F so they continue to get warm and crispy while you continue making the batches.
Serve warmed from the oven with marinara sauce garnished with jalapeno or black olive slices and a sprinkle of oregano!
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 spritz cooking spray