Charitable Gift Annuities
A charitable gift annuity is a gift that gives back to you! It is created when you give assets to The Fellowship in exchange for a guaranteed, fixed payment, which is made to you or another beneficiary you’ve specified. A charitable gift annuity can be established with as little as $5,000 for donors who are at least 65 years of age. With most charitable gift annuities, payments begin immediately, but you may also consider a deferred charitable gift annuity—an arrangement in which payments begin at a later date.
Payment rates for charitable gift annuities are based on the age of the annuitant (the person receiving the income). The Fellowship follows the guidelines established by the American Council on Gift Annuities to determine payments. You can also reduce capital gains taxes when appreciated assets are used to fund the annuity. Use our online planning tools to see if a charitable gift annuity may be right for you.
- A potential increase in retirement income
- Quarterly payments guaranteed for life, partially tax free
- Reduction of capital gains taxes on appreciated assets that fund a charitable gift annuity
- Immediate tax deduction and potential estate tax savings
- A generous gift to The Fellowship for the support of Israel and Jewish people in need around the world
For more on charitable gift annuities, please request our free Charitable Gift Annuities guide or contact us for a personalized proposal.