Join the Isaiah 58 Fast!
Join The Fellowship in our Isaiah 58 Fast as thousands of churches across America and the world fast with us in response to God's call to care for Jews in the former Soviet Union who are needy, hungry, and homeless.
Different Type of Fast
An Isaiah 58 Fast is drawn from the Scripture passage in which God Himself asks, "Is this not the kind of fasting I have chosen?" (Isaiah 58:6). Isaiah 58 is known in both Jewish and evangelical Christian theology as the "fasting" chapter of Scripture.
After asking this all-important question, God then revealed to Isaiah -- and to us -- the specific elements of the fast that is both pleasing and acceptable to Him. It is not simply to give up certain foods or other provisions for the body. According to Isaiah 58:7, this acceptable fast consists of:
- Dividing our bread with the hungry
- Providing shelter to the homeless
- Clothing the unclothed
Collection for Need
The goal of this special fast is to raise $58 from each family or congregation member to be used toward food, clothing, and shelter for destitute Jewish families, children, elderly couples, and individuals in the former Soviet Union who have no one else to turn to for help.
We also suggest this effort culminate in a special collection of the "fruit" of this fast.
Your members who accept this opportunity can raise their gift online. It will be an enjoyable and rewarding experience for small groups as they reach out in love to the neediest descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob through this Isaiah 58 Fast. To learn more about how your small group can participant, enter the Participant Center
Complete Church Kit
To help you prepare for this event, The Fellowship has a complete church kit that includes:
- A full-color poster announcing the Isaiah 58 Fast program (584 KB PDF)
- A three-minute PowerPoint presentation on DVD with scenes of Israel and those you will be helping that can be played during the collection of your church's gifts toward this special fast. (3 MB PDF)
- A set of sermon notes plus an actual sermon for your use (56 KB PDF)
- A Special Collection Donation Form (409 KB PDF)