Today is the deadline for Western powers to agree with Iran on a deal regarding its nuclear program. With the Islamic Republic clearly having aspirations for nuclear weapons – which would threaten not only Israel and the rest of the Middle East, but the whole world – here is the list of five requirements for any deal to be successful:
- Iran must allow inspections of its nuclear sites
- Iran must be forthcoming about its past arms activity
- Iran must hold up its end of any deal in order to get sanctions relief
- Any nuclear deal must be kept in place permanently
- Iran must dismantle its nuclear weapons infrastructure
Update: The Times of Israel reports that today’s deadline was extended until July 7.