Tonight, the two candidates for the November presidential election will take part in the first debate. Airing at 8pm CST on all major networks, the debate is must-see television, not only for those who love America, but for those who stand for Israel. Ahead of the debate, we're providing you with this checklist so you can decide which candidate stands for the Jewish state, as well.
A candidate who is pro-Israel will:
1) Commit to preserving Israel’s Qualitative Military Edge (QME)
- America has signed a $38B/10-year aid deal with Israel, the largest in history. The candidate should support this.
- Elements of this support include:
- Supports the delivery of the F-35 and other high-tech military equipment
- Opposes the delivery of high-end military systems to neighboring Arab countries
- Supports Iron Dome and other missile systems to protect Israeli civilians from Hezbollah and Hamas militants
- Supports Israel’s efforts at combatting Hamas’ tunnel activity
2) Fight BDS
- Opposes efforts at both state and national levels to boycott Israel
- Will fight any attempt at BDS on the international level
3) Fight any attempts to delegitimize and demonize Israel
4) Defend Israel on the world stage
- Protect Israel from biased resolutions in the United Nations
5) Expand intelligence and security cooperation to fight international terrorist groups, such as Hamas and Hezbollah, who are committed to harming Israelis and the Jewish people around the world
6) Enforce the Iran nuclear agreement and make it clear to the Islamic Republic that it must adhere to the terms of the agreement or face a severe response
7) Keep pressure on Iran to end its support for terrorist groups
8) Ensure progress is made on a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, one in which a secure, Jewish state is existing alongside a stable, demilitarized Palestinian state
Join us tonight as we watch the debate live on the Stand for Israel Facebook page.