Citing its anti-Israel bias, the Trump administration announced this week that it will withdraw from the U.N. Human Rights Council. The administration also accused the council of allowing the worst human rights offenders to sit among the group’s decision-makers.
- Terrorists in Gaza earlier this week fired a salvo of rockets into Israel, one landing near a kindergarten. The Israeli Air Force retaliated with airstrikes against 25 Hamas targets.
- To reassure Israelis living near the Gaza border, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel is “prepared for any scenario” in defending the country against terrorist attacks.
- The U.S. is denying a Syrian state TV report that the U.S.-led coalition bombed Shiite militants near the Iraqi border. Some Syrian officials reported that Israeli jets carried out the strikes.
- Reports in The Algemeiner said that Israeli security thwarted Hamas terror cells in the West Bank from carrying out suicide bombing attacks planned for Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.
- The Fellowship recently sent a van to distribute much-appreciated refreshments to more than 4,000 IDF soldiers stationed at the Israeli border near Gaza.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features The Fellowship’s Yonit Rothchild on Israel’s commitment to helping her friends and enemies.