The U.N. General Assembly Wednesday passed a resolution condemning Israel for using “excessive force” against the violent protests at the Gaza border. U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley said the resolution is further evidence of the U.N.’s bias against Israel.
- Israel’s Ambassador to the U.N. Danny Danon and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu both praised Haley’s comments before the U.N. Danon called the resolution “a twisted stamp of approval for terrorism.”
- Netanyahu also praised Donald Trump’s recent summit in Singapore as “an important step in the effort to rid the Korean peninsula of nuclear weapons.”
- Despite the Iranian regime’s continual call to destroy Israel, Prime Minister Netanyahu recently offered the Iranian people vital water via a video.
- The Times of Israel reported that thousands of Iranians are showing support for Israel on Twitter via the hashtag #WeStandWithIsrael, in defiance of the Iraniajn government.
- Israeli intelligence officials recently reported that they have stopped 250 terror attacks so far in 2018. These include suicide bombings, shootings, and kidnappings.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features The Fellowship’s Global Executive Vice President Yael Eckstein on Israel’s friends in unexpected places.