Protests are continuing at the Gaza-Israel border for the 22nd Friday in a row. The demonstrations by Palestinians started around the time U.S. President Trump announced the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has scorned a potential ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, saying “over my dead body” will there be any agreement without the PA’s permission.
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has been questioned twice by Iran’s parliament about the nation’s economy. Lawmakers have rejected Rouhani’s explanations for the economic troubles.
- Meanwhile, Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said Iran could abandon the nuclear deal if it stops serving Iranian interests.
- The Israel Defense Forces is launching a new strategy to improve front-line medical treatment by training medics to perform field surgeries inside enemy territory.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke at a synagogue in Lithuania, honoring victims of the Holocaust.
This week’s Israel in the News Perspective features The Fellowship’s Global Executive Vice President Yael Eckstein on the power of prayer.