While there have been reports of a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, such a truce has not happened yet, as the terror group continues its attacks on the Jewish state from Gaza. The Times of Israel reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says that Hamas has paid a heavy price already and will continue to do so until a full ceasefire is reached:
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday warned Hamas that Israel will continue to operate against the terrorism stemming from the Gaza Strip, apparently confirming that no official ceasefire agreement had been reached with the terrorist group.
“We are in the midst of a campaign against terror in Gaza. It entails an exchange of blows; it will not end in one strike. Our demand is clear – a complete ceasefire. We will not suffice with less than this,” said Netanyahu.
Speaking at the opening of the weekly cabinet meeting, the prime minister added said Israel wouldn’t rest until security was restored in full for the residents of southern Israel.
“As of now, we have destroyed hundreds of Hamas military targets, and in each round the IDF exacts an additional heavy price. I will not reveal our operational plans here; they are ready,” Netanyahu said. “Our objective is to restore the quiet to residents of the south and the area adjacent to the Gaza Strip. This goal will be achieved in full...”