In honor of this season of summer barbeques, last week we shared a recipe for delicious beef kebabs. This week we offer a classic Israeli side to go with them. Enjoy!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas
- ½ (19-ounce) can pickles, in brine (important: use small Mediterranean pickles, which have a distinct flavor)
- ½-⅔ cup mayonnaise (even reduced fat works great)
1. Boil the potatoes and carrots. Careful not to overcook. Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces, and slightly smaller for the carrots.
2. Dice hard boiled eggs and pickles.
3. Combine potatoes, carrots, eggs, green peas, pickles, and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, and mix until mayo has been incorporated. Can add more mayonnaise per personal taste.
4. Refrigerate until cold.
Makes 12-16 servings and stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.