Babaganoush, a thick sauce or spread made from ground eggplant, is a popular Israeli dish. By using it instead of plain mayonnaise in egg salad, you can give a traditional egg salad dish the perfect Israeli twist!
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup Sabra babaganoush
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. To hard boil eggs, place them in saucepan and cover them with at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Chop the eggs coarsely and put them into a large bowl. Add the green onion, celery, red bell pepper.
3. In small bowl, gently mix together the babaganoush with the eggs and vegetables. Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.
Recipe credit: Sina Mizrahi, www.thekosherspoon.com