Israeli salad, characterized by its finely diced cucumbers and tomatoes, has often been called the "most well-known national dish of Israel." Some variations of it are even regularly eaten at breakfast! This breakfast Israeli salad includes egg and feta cheese, and can also be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled (optional), seeded, and finely diced
- ¾ pound tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- optional chopped fresh herb, to taste (e.g., parsley, basil, cilantro, mint, dill)
In a medium serving bowl, mix cucumbers, tomatoes, eggs, feta, lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper. Toss lightly to combine.
Mix in fresh herb, if using.
Taste and adjust flavors as needed.