This week’s summery, flavorful dish comes from the new cookbook Kosher Soul Food. Enjoy!
- 6 (5-6 ounces) red snapper fillets
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4-5 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cup yellow bell peppers diced small
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
1) Preheat your grill or non-stick skillet.
2) In a bowl, mix onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Rub over the snapper. Let sit for a few minutes.
3) While the snapper is marinating make the salsa. Mix chopped watermelon, yellow peppers, jalapeño, thyme, parsley, onions, and vinegar with olive oil. Allow the flavors to blend.
4) To grill snapper, use non-stick spray for grill or skillet. Grill on both sides for 3-4 minutes. Plate and serve with salsa on top.