Cucumbers are a staple of many Israeli salads, offering a refreshing taste that’s perfect for summer. Here’s another way to use this Middle Eastern standard – and, as a bonus, it’s super simple to make!
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 scallions, white and pale green part, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- A few dashes pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
Blend, taste, correct seasoning if necessary, and serve.
Makes about 4 cups.