Fresh off her turn playing Wonder Woman in the superhero smash hit this summer, Gal Gadot has taken the world by storm, including hosting Saturday Night Live this past weekend. But while the world watches the Israeli actress, model, wife, mother, and IDF veteran, Alma's Emily Burack tells us 18 things we might not have known about Gal:
1. Like all of us here at Alma, chutzpah is her favorite thing. As she told Marie Claire: “In Israel, people have chutzpah. People take issue with it, but I’d rather have that than play games. Here, everyone’s like, ‘We love you; you’re so wonderful.’ I prefer to know the truth, not waste time...”
5. She met her husband, Yaron, at a party in the Israeli desert in 2006...
7. She doesn’t get starstruck over celebrities, but she has talked about how she fangirled over Shimon Peres, the former Israeli Prime Minister.
8. She threw her back out shortly before Wonder Woman premiered, yet still did her entire press tour. (Truly, Gal is Wonder Woman. We won’t accept alternate theories.)
9. More on the Gal is Wonder Woman theory: she filmed reshoots while pregnant…. Literally there was a green screen on her stomach, as she told Entertainment Weekly, “On wide shots I looked very funny, like Wonder Woman pregnant with Kermit the Frog...”