The Fellowship’s Rachel Katzman gives us another tasty recipe using one of Israel’s favorite crops: avocadoes!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
(Serves 2-4 people)
- 1 bag of frozen or fresh cauliflower rice. You can find frozen bags at Trader Joe's, or fresh chopped at local grocery stores (or you can use kosher pre-checked cauliflower and chop in your food processor)
- 1/2 serving of my vegan nacho cheese dip.
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper
- 1/4 tsp. of cumin
- 1-2 avocados, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup of salsa, or chopped tomatoes and onions
- 1 handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
- Optional: refried beans, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), Mexican cheese blend (or any of your favorites), pickled jalapeño peppers
- Make 1 serving of my vegan nacho cheese sauce - save half in the fridge for another use. Or, if using cheese, skip the nacho cheese step.
- Sauté the cauliflower in a hot skillet for about 5 minutes until cooked through but still "al dente" (you don't want mushy cauliflower).
- Season with salt and pepper and cumin.
- With 1 minute of cooking left, add in the nacho cheese sauce, or the cheese, if using.
- If using beans, add to the bottom of a big bowl, top with the cauliflower rice.
- Add the fixings on top - salsa, avocado, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeños, maybe add crumbled up tortilla chips, or tostadas?
- Squeeze lime juice over the burrito bowl and serve (it's delicious cold but even better when the rice is still hot)!