We have another special Passover recipe for you in preparation of the special holiday starting tomorrow! This recipe comes from The Fellowship’s own Rachel Katzman’s kosher recipe blog! Learn more about Passover here.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
- 4 Medium Carrots Peeled and cut into 1 inch rounds
- 4 Ribs Celery Tops and bottoms cut of and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Large Sweet Potato Peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Turnip Peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Parsnip Peeled and cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 Onion Peeled and roughly chopped
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 Handful Dill
- 1 Handful Parsley
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 4 Chicken Leg Quarters Remove and save the fat and skin to make schmaltz
Put all the ingredients in your largest pot and fill with enough water to cover everything, making sure not to fill too high to prevent boil over.
Cover the pot and put over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the soup is at a boil remove the lid and turn the heat down to a simmer.
Let the soup simmer for about four hours or until the soup reduces by about 15%.
Remove chicken from the bones, adding the chicken back in to the soup and discarding the bones. Serve within a week or freeze for up to six months.