Israel's Independence Day, or Yom Ha'atzmaut, will be celebrated this week! Our friends at The Forward give us 68 reasons why Israel is so beloved by the Jewish people.
1) Israel’s Save A Heart organization performs life-saving heart operations for children from around the globe — including many Palestinians — free of charge.
2) With its freedom of worship, Israel is the only country in the Middle East where the number of Christians is increasing.
3) Israel is the only country in the world that has more trees today than it had 50 years ago.
4) Israeli bank notes have Braille on them for the sight-impaired.
5) Israel has more museums per capita than any other country, including the world’s only one underwater.
6) Israel has its own day-long festival of love, called Tu B’Av.